Phase 4 Road Closures
As part of Phase 4, the following temporary road closures will be in operation over the next week:
Baker Street (between Dorset Street and Blandford Street)
- Northbound and southbound traffic is expected to be reinstated from 17:00 on Friday 12th April. The taxi rank outside 55 Baker Street will also be reinstated at this time.
- Currently, traffic is being diverted via Gloucester Place.
Portman Mews South (between Granville Place and Portman Street)
- Buses are continuing to serve Baker Street, however they are on diversion until 17:00 on Friday 12th April. Please refer to the information displayed in the bus shelters and within the buses themselves.
- Closed until Friday 10th May.
Portman Street (between Portman Square and Granville Place)
- Traffic is being diverted via Granville Place.
- The southbound carriageway, which has been closed temporarily, will reopen from 17:00 on Friday 12th April.
Baker Street (between York Street and Crawford Street)
- Currently, southbound traffic is being diverted via Portman Square and Orchard Street.
- Next week, from 08:00 on Monday 15th April until 17:00 on Thursday 18th April, Baker Street will be closed to southbound traffic between the junction with York Street and the junction with Crawford Street / Paddington Street.
- This is to facilitate the installation of a permanent traffic island.
- Southbound traffic, including buses, will be diverted via York Street, Gloucester Place and Crawford Street. Northbound buses are unaffected.
- The closure will apply 24 hours a day, although works will only be taking place between 08:00 and 17:00.
- Footways will remain open to pedestrians.