Edgware Road: Proposals for new pedestrian crossings, improved junctions and introducing a 20mph speed limit.
TfL is asking for your feedback on our proposals to make changes to Edgware Road between Marylebone Flyover and Marble Arch, which will improve safety for pedestrians and other road users by improving five key junctions:
· The Chapel Street/Praed Street Junction
· Sussex Gardens/Old Marylebone Junction
· Kendal Street/George Street Junction
· Connaught Street/Upper Berkeley Street Junction
· Seymour Street Junction
TfL's proposals include:
· Creating new pedestrian crossings, with green and red man signals
· Adding countdown timers to new and existing crossings
· Creating more space for pedestrians on the pavement
· Providing new Advanced Stop Lines (cycle boxes) for cyclists
TfL also proposes to reduce the speed limit from 30mph to 20mph to reduce the number of collisions on Edgware Road and their severity.
Visit: https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/roads/edgware-road/ to view TfL's plans and provide your feedback.
The Marylebone Association
229 Great Portland Street