A new library for Marylebone is to be built at Seymour Leisure Centre and, subject to consultation and planning decision, is due to open in autumn 2020.
As well as providing a space to read or browse books, and other library stock, the new modern library will provide:
- areas for customers to study and use Wi-Fi and computers
- flexible space for a range of activities such as craft and book clubs
- dedicated children's and adult library areas
- hosting events to help business start-ups, job seekers, and art exhibitions
The library is being built next to the recently refurbished leisure centre, creating a community hub for users of all ages to take part in a wide range of activities, and meet like-minded people.
Westminster Council are consulting on the internal and external design proposals in 2 stages:
- Early discussions to get your views on the initial designs during February and March 2018
- Official 6 week consultation during June and July 2018 on revised designs, having taken on board your feedback at the initial design stage.
To see their proposals ann to comment on them please go to the following link: