Many residents in Marylebone have their lives blighted on a daily basis by the damage that the unregulated Pedicab industry brings, Westminster Council does not have the power to implement a solution to this problem.
Outside of London Pedicabs are classed in the same way as taxis which means that they are regulated. However, in London different laws operate which take away many of the powers that the Mayor or Westminster City Council could have to help, and therefore makes Pedicabs very hard to have any sort of control over.
- Disruption to business and residents from touting
- Noise pollution from amplified music systems
- Rip-off fares for vulnerable people
- Dangerous driving on our roads with no insurance
- Group loitering causing added congestion
As a London-only issue, regulation should be delivered at a London-wide level with powers being given to the Mayor, and enforcement powers given to TfL officers and/or Metropolitan police officers. All sides are on board with these plans but must now pressure parliament to pass this bill on 16th March
Sign the petition online: www.westm.news/pedicab